15 October 2005

almost normal

Firin' up the ol' puter today I find a shitload of emails--four!--and more bloggers shouting out. Good shit! Snag over at DEprogramming Starter Kit actually devoted a page to the Short-Timer's Code of Conduct, and plastered that baby all over his page... awesome bro! Distribute and spread the word! FYI, the Short-Timer's Code was inspired by the official U.S. Armed Forces Code of Conduct, for all you mild-mannered individuals who've never been forced to do federal time. It's a parody and basically a reminder for us not to reenlist. Like we need remindin'. Or a picker-upper on down days. A promise. OR a really really good time during inspections cause you 'forgot' to strip it down from wherever-the-fuck you had it plastered and you find the colonel wrinkling his brow and hesitating whether to smile or chew your ass severely.

Robert over at The Un-Apologetic Atheist, and Sara over at No Accuser have devoted blog space to my rantings... Fools! Fools! One and all fools! I love you guys! Thanks for the kind words and takin' time out to drop a line. Means a lot to me. And Diane, over at A Stone, A Leaf, An Unfound Door..., thank you for your warm kind words. There is humanity out there... in a world gone mad... how do they do it? You're all blogrolled and linked, for what it's worth!

And I was readin' Get Your Ticket Now at Barb's blog and instantly did a mental inventory of my mp3's wondering how many of those on the list were on my hard drive at this very instant. Not to mention some other stuff at Barb's blog that I rather not go into, specifically that one picture on the blog there. Cause it's so uncanny, 's not even funny... actually, it's a total crack-up.

Oh, and Charlie, what I wanted to say was hell YES to Scotch on the Rocks and let's work out a payment method... I INSIST. The only way to support the arts is through supperting the arts... which btw, ahem, brings me to this. I urgh, have appropriated some of the shots off of your blog, cause what I would not give to be THERE right now. I couldn't make up my mind so I swiped all of 'em and shortly I'll revisit Toxteth, because it triggers memories of the ROK, and other beloved Molotov-hugging deathwishers and their love of Yankee-bashing, and fun nights kicking the shit out of them and sometimes them kicking the shit out of us... is why I think I keep dwelling on it I think. Aside from the fact it's just a plain ol' good fuckin' read. Thoughts of Woody Allen only trigger recollections of him shacking up with that adopted Korean daughter of his, something I've considered many a shitfaced night mind you... shacking up, but then there were mornings and oh shit I got fifteen minutes to get my drunken ass back to base before the oh-fuck-hundred PT formation. Maybe Woodster would have been better off imprisoned with the rest of us in the arhhhhhhmy. Course, then he'd be in the Raq too wouldn't he? There's something to aspire to. Woody Allen doin' the Raq... someone give Woodster a buz will ya. Maybe we can set something up.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem about stealing the shots, short-timer, or anything else come to that :o) As long as you keep having fun with the bastards, it's ok with me

Charlie

15 October, 2005 21:54  
Blogger Barb said...

shortie, we're not related. but i'm thinking it must be pretty spooky.

16 October, 2005 03:06  
Blogger Sara said...

Good to know I made someone's happiness connections fired up. Yes, I was a golf. Sigh. It was a shortage MOS back when I joined. Then it turned into a 'you're not ever going to get promoted because you SUCK' MOS, and then it became a 'you're not ever going to get promoted becuase you suck, BUT you're soooo important that you HAVE to come to Iraq with us anyway' MOS.
The ROK was a strange, strange place, wasn't it? A year long dream into another universe. Sometimes a song will bring me back there, but usually it's the smell of beer-piss and rotten garbage that triggers it. mmm, chicken on a stick....

16 October, 2005 11:44  
Blogger The Stories You Cannot Tell said...

Great blog mang. Keep yp the good writing.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on this page for sure

16 October, 2005 12:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

link-o-the-day

Not to put a damper on things, but some perspective never hurts:

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/


RG

17 October, 2005 11:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home