22 October 2005

the mother of all shoutouts

Checking the ol' email yesterday nearly stumbled over myself and knocked the friggin' laptop to smithereens ending this little adventure decidedly prematurely.... the mother of all shoutouts from the godfather of Iraq war ranting... got an email from Colby Buzzell. In the digital flesh. He was going through a shitload of blogs and took the time to fire off that little note.

This rant wouldn't exist without Colby. From what I had heard, a milblog was something through which you could reenlist online. Colby exploded that shit. And in the process revolutionized the process of grumbling. So it means a lot to me to receive words of encouragment from him. I've never even had a chance to read the original blog that got yanked. Colby was forced to take it down after his chain of command got wind of his blog (note to self)... correction, wasn't forced, was--ever-so-kindly--advised to tap out a different beat. Colby got the last laugh though, and how. His book, My War: Killing Time in Iraq is out and in bookstores and available over at Amazon. A must read!

Speaking of shoutouts, wanna thank Ed, Barb, Mike, Charlie, Paul, Chuck, Rick, Snag, Robert, Sara, Diane, Alex, George, Gabe, Amanda, David, Nancy and Ex-PFC Wintergreen (hilarious email) for some of the most outrageous shoutouts. Wanna let you guys know, I'm framing this shit when I have the chance. For real! Check out the blogroll while you're at it. These guys are creating provocative, moving, powerful, hilarious, thoughtful stuff. If you can find the time, give it a read. I do. Btw, anyone interested in exchanging links, drop a line!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey AST! You're welcome for the shoutouts, as you put it. Our privilege, I reckon. Followed the Colby Buzzell link to find a recommendation from Kurt Vonnegut -MY HERO!!!!!!!!! Must buy it now. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

22 October, 2005 03:01  
Blogger Barb said...

gettin' the word out, Shortie.

22 October, 2005 04:14  
Blogger Sara said...

Wow, fuckin' congratulations, man! I'd definitely put that email on the wall along with the Certificate of Achievement or whatever they're gonna give you for your time and service in that place you're not really in.

22 October, 2005 12:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I finally found somebody who truly appreciates the f word and puts it to it's proper use! (ha ha)

I found this place on a technorati search. Great blog. Glad I found it.

24 October, 2005 19:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home